Prime Minister Narendra Modi is now known as the new synonym of “Success and Revolution”. After launching Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, PM Modi confirms that we can uplift the entire financial services status of India. The yojana was created eyeing to the basic necessity of the common people which they didn’t get it till date. Availability of savings back accounts for each individual no matter in what part of India he/she lives. Insurance to the excluded person is granted. Remittance facility is for avoiding corruption. Access to need based credit is to help people each other. And, the pension plan is for the excluded individuals i.e. low-income groups and weaker sections. These are some objectives that Jan Dhan Yojana has to achieve. PM has undoubtedly made a deep penetration at a reasonable price. Without use of technology, it hasn’t look possible to bring changes in India.
All you want to know about Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana shortly called PMJDY is a National Mission to bring comprehensive financial inclusion suitable for all the citizens of India. The project indeed is an integrated approach to making availability of baking facilities open for all. This step of Modi is good proven for every household. The Jan Dhan Scheme is also securing pension and insurance excluded sections. Access to credit is another goal to achieve under this yojana. Not only that, Jan Dhan Yojana benefits financial literacy too. Additionally, opening a bank account under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana would get you a Rupay Debit Card. The card will be having in-built accident insurance cover worth 1lakh.
The project also put lights on channeling all benefits of Government (from Local Body/ State/ Center) to the receivers’ accounts. The Jan Dhan Yojana pushes the Government to apply Direct Benefits Transfer scheme or DBT. Here, the on-line transactions will be rooted inside the country. The Modi lead Government has started to resolve the technological issues such as poor connectivity. Soon every individual out there will see and enjoy every-bit of moment being in the digital world for live. Also, the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana allows telecom operators to make availability of mobile transactions. This gives a high-level of satisfaction to the people of lower class. Establishment of more Cash Out Points is also considered under Jan Dhan Scheme. This will definitely help in increasing Financial Inclusion. The controlling officials have also made an effort to reach out numerous youth of this country, asking to take part in this Mission Mode Program.
How Jan Dhan Yojana benefits a common man?
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana is for ‘Aam-Janata’. Only a person can able to enjoy all the Jan Dhan Yojana benefits by opening a zero balance bank account at the nearest bank. The best part of it is you no longer have to maintain a minimum balance in your bank account. The PMJDY also activates a Rupay Kisan Debit Card as soon as you open a bank account. The debit card is a duo performer as you can use it to withdraw money from any ATM plus it gives you free accident insurance coverage. But this will take around 100 days to get added to your bank account facility under PMJDY.
jan dhan account benefits
An overdraft facility has been offered to people those are opening an account under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana which is worth Rs. 5000. The Jan Dhan Yojana loan amount will be deposited in the beneficiary’s account after six months only if the bank finds account is active and a lot of transactions are made using it. The overdraft limit may get increased up to Rs. 15000 only if repayment is unremitting. The financial inequality is still a major challenge for India to overcome. Several schemes were activated under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana which takes part in the financial growth of India. The progress is very slow but this scheme seems to me a good plan of PM Modi to boost the slower progression. Jan Dhan Yojana promises to let every Indian household remain connected economically with the nation. The yojana educates people about their importance in the development and growth of the country.
The Jan Dhan Yojana scheme gives every Indian an opportunity to do something positive for our Mother land. Though the scheme is not the entire solution to our financial equality issues, any rebellion is impossible without an initiative.
Additional Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana project information:
- All you need to open an account under PMJDY at any of the bank branch or Business Correspondent outlet.
- If you want to have Cheque Book, then you might need to maintain a minimum balance in your account under Jan Dhan Yojana scheme.
jan dhan yojana rules
- If the applicant has Aadhaar Number or Aadhaar Card, then no other documents are necessary. However, if the address has been changed, then submission of a self-attested present address would be enough.
- If the individual is not available with Aadhaar Card, then submission of any other ID proof with address details is acceptable.
- If a person doesn’t have any kind of official valid document, then also he/she can open an account under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana. But the bank should categorize the person as a low-risk taker. In such scenario, the applicant has to submit an ID card with photograph issued by any department of State/Central Government. He/she can also submit Public Sector Undertakings or signed application of Statutory/Regulatory Authorities. People can even submit the letter issued by any Public Financial Institution/ Gazetted Officer or Scheduled Commercial Banks with a duly attested photograph of the individual.
pradhan mantri jan dhan yojana benefits
- Interest on every deposit
- 1lac of accidental insurance coverage
- Required no minimum balance
- Life coverage up to Rs. 30,000 payable on beneficiary’s death only if conditions are satisfied
- Easy money transactions across the country
- The Government scheme beneficiaries will get direct benefit transfer with having this account
- An overdraft facility will be allowed for the accounts completing 6 months of satisfactory operation
- Give access to insurance and pension products etc.
jan dhan yojana loan
To get Jan Dhan Yojana loan, people should meet the basic criteria i.e. having a bank account under PMJDY scheme and continuous transaction for six months with that account. No other requirement is there to get the loan amount sanctioned.
How is the Jan Dhan Yojana different from other Financial Inclusion Plan?
The Jan Dhan Yojana spotlights on the coverage of households. On the contrary, other Financial Inclusion Plans those were earlier employed focusing on giving coverage to villages. The PMJDY plan covers rural and urban areas whereas earlier plans were targeting to cover only villages above 2000 population. It is believed that the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana will cover the whole country by extending banking facilities to each sub-service area consisting of 1500 households on an average. The Government is planning to available banking facilities within a reasonable distance so that every body can reach to open an account.
There are several Skilling Centers activated across India and you can get them all here. Just choose the state and hit enter!
To download an account opening form under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana in English: – Click Here
To download the same in Hindi: – Click Here
jan dhan yojana account