India’s one of the prestigious examinations, Union Public Service Commission has issued a notification regarding the selection of candidates through CDS-1 2017 examination. According to the latest update from UPSC 2017 recruitment, there will be several vacancies in Combined Defence Services Examination (1), 2017.
UPSC CDS-1 2017 Vacancies
CDS-1 2017 total vacancies in UPSC
|Name of the vacancy academy||No. of posts available|
|I.M.A (Indian Military Academy), Dehradun||150|
|Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala||45|
|Officers Training Academy, Chennai||11|
|Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai||225|
|Air Force Academy, Hyderabad||32|
Details of Vacant Post in CDS-1 2017
- The I.M.A, Dehradun is welcoming candidates to apply for 150 vacant posts under 144th (DE) Course commencing from Jan 2018.
- The I.N.A, Ezhimala has issued notification for recruiting 45 candidates. The course will start from Jan’ 2018 onwards.
- The Officers Training Academy, Chennai has asked eligible Indian citizens to show expression of interest for filling up 11 posts of 21st SSC Women (Non-Technical) course. The same will be starting from Apr’ 2018.
- 225 vacant posts are in Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai reserved for 107th SSC (Men) (Non-Technical) course. Candidates are advised to submit the application on or before scheduled time. The course is commencing from April’ 2018 onwards.
- 32 vacant posts are under Air Force Academy, Hyderabad to fill up Pre-Flying Training course. The course is scheduled to start from Feb’ 2018.
Date of Examination: 5th of February 2017
Qualifying age limit in CDS-1 2017
The preferred age limit for candidates appearing CDS-1 Exam should be 20-24 years as on 1st January 2018.
Educational background for different posts in CDS-1 2017
- Candidates those are applying for I.M.A and Officers Training Academy should obtain a Degree from any nationally recognized University or its equivalent.
- Those candidates are interested in joining Indian Naval Academy should have Degree in Engineering from any acknowledged Institution/University.
- Aspirants applying for Air Force Academy should have Degree from any renowned University (Mathematics and Physics are must in intermediate) or B.E (Bachelor of Engineering).
Candidate Selection Process in CDS-1 2017
The selection of candidates will be depending on the performance in Written Examination and Personality Test/Interview.
Pay Scale in CDS-1 2017
As per latest Government Gazette notification
How to Apply in CDS-1 2017
To apply, candidates are requested to click here on or before 2nd December 2016, 23:59IST
Stay tuned for more details, UPSC exam updates, and UPSC job vacancies. Comment below for any questions/queries.